- World Summit 2016
- In-house Counsel going Glocal; Global business, local rules – local business, global rules.
The duality embodied in the term glocalization is an integral part of the international, continental or regional practice of law engaged in by the modern in-house counsel irrespective of the size or geographic scope of the business he or she serves, given the realities of globalization. The location of the summit in Paris will highlight its roles as a major world legal center and will allow for interaction with French and European Institutions.
The overall theme is inspired by the neologism first coined in Japan, glocalization, or glocal, being a combination of global and local – derived from the Japanese word dochakuka which means global localization. This concept allies global trends with local realities. For business and networks, the term embodies global and local management within the framework of a worldwide economy; the adjustment of global supply according to local demand.
This concept embodies the practice of law within an international environment within which we must consider the implications of local law, culture, and business practices. In-house counsel are increasingly required to make choices within this theme, for example:
- Choice of law for international contracts?
- Where should computer servers be located?
- How should whistleblower policies be implemented?
- Should local or global counsel be selected?
- Where should patents be filed?
- Choice of jurisdiction and venue for litigation and choice of local or international arbitration?
For more information please click here.
- AGM 2015
- The Annual General meeting of In-house Counsel Worldwide was held on Wednesday, July 22 in Paris, France. The current Executive was duly elected.
- World Summit – Singapore 2014
- Hosted by the Singapore Corporate Counsel Association (SCCA), the In-House Counsel World Summit 2014 is an event of the In-House Counsel Worldwide where in-house professionals across all industries congregate to discuss pertinent issues and share experience with peers from around the world. Situated strategically at the crossroads between the East and the West, Singapore is definitely an exciting venue to host international discussions that will provide insights from both global and regional perspectives.
- Annual General Meeting
- The Annual General meeting of In-house Counsel Worldwide was held on Monday June 2, 2014 immediately preceding the World Summit in Singapore. At this inaugural meeting the first Executive was elected.
- World Summit – Montreal 2012